Friday, November 13, 2009

What's a hair style that tends to make you look more mature/older?

I'm 21 and married. We have a daughter who is almost 1. Every one asks, "Is she yours?!" because I look so young. I'm really tired of people not taking me seriously or giving me snotty looks because I look like a teenager.



Right now, I have hair that is nearly to my breasts. It's dark brown and I straighten it.



Would a shorter cut make me look older?



What's a hair style that tends to make you look more mature/older?

Cutting it would make you look older, but you don't have to.



Any type of updo makes you look more mature or older. I'm talking about a french twist or a bun. If you've never done this, it will take some practice, but you can find instructions on the net. Do a search for a website Ion long hair. I can't remember the exact address, but it will come up.



If your hair is thick you can start with a ponytail up high in the back, then loosely twist the hair, then wrap it around the covered band. Tuck the end in and pin it, then put pins into the bun all around to hold it. You can also use a hair net (the very fine kind) to put over the bun and then pin the ends of the net in to help hold it. These nets come in packages of three for pretty cheap at a beauty supply or drugstore.



If your hair is fine, you might want to use a form, like a foam rubber "donut" that helps you form the bun shape. You can get these at Sally's or other beauty supply stores. You can also get forms for the French Twist. Take a look online at hairagami and hairdini. I love the hairdini for a french twist.



Another tip: Don't wear bangs - they make you look younger.



What's a hair style that tends to make you look more mature/older?

A shorter cut is definitly the way to go. You can still give it a youthful look, just make it shorter.



What's a hair style that tends to make you look more mature/older?

Shorter hair would work, I gained a good 2-3 years when I cut mine lol. But I will say if you cut it short, make sure your sure you would like it. Its so sad to see someone who had long hair cut it short and not be happy with it.



What's a hair style that tends to make you look more mature/older?

LAYER CUTTING!

No comments:

Post a Comment